NARACOORTE REGIONAL LIVESTOCK EXCHANGE (NRLE) – COVID-19
Naracoorte Lucindale Council, as the owner and operator of the NRLE, and Naracoorte Combined Agents have met and collectively agreed to take steps to minimise the risk posed by the COVID-19 virus.
These steps include:
- Only NRLE staff, agents and their contractors, buyers and transport operators to be on site.
- Vendors are not be permitted in the yards.
- All persons entering the yards must do so at the single designated point which will be monitored by security.
- Before entering the NRLE all persons must register their name and phone number and sign a visitor declaration with sale guidelines.
- Good hygiene and social distancing practices to be observed, a hand washing station is available at the designated access point to the yards.
- Following all directions provided by Council staff.
With your support, we can maintain this essential service for the agricultural sector and community.
Located on Wimmera Highway, the Naracoorte Regional Livestock Exchange (or 'saleyards' as it is commonly known) is the premier livestock selling facility in the Limestone Coast.
Around 100,000 cattle and 400,000 sheep and lambs are sold each year. Cattle and sheep markets are held every Tuesday commencing at 9.00am.
Additional sales are held on Fridays during peak periods (usually October to January).
Location: Cnr Wimmera Hwy and Carters Rd, 2kms East of Naracoorte.
Phone: 08 8762 1611 (on Tuesdays) or 0417 842 214
NRLE Stock Handling Manual
The Naracoorte Regional Livestock Exchange Stock Handling Manual provides all users of the NRLE with an introduction to basic stock handling techniques.
These techniques will minimise the risk of injury or incident and ensures that welfare standards for stock are met. The techniques are part of the NRLE’s Work Health and Safety Program and it is a requirement that all livestock handlers at the NRLE follow them.
For a copy of the manual click the link below:
Livestock Production Assurance (LPA) Property Identification Code (PIC)
The Property Identification Code for the Naracoorte Regional Livestock Exchange is SK900234.
The Livestock Production Assurance (LPA) program is the Australian livestock industry’s on-farm assurance program covering food safety, animal welfare and biosecurity. It provides evidence of livestock history and on-farm practices when transferring livestock through the value chain.
All registered livestock producers will or have been notified by mail of the requirements of the LPA. Every property has a Property Identification Code (PIC), which forms the basis of Australia’s food safety and traceability programs.
Vendor declarations have a “consigned to” section and this is where the NRLE PIC number needs to be used.
For more information visit the MLA website.