Naracoorte Regional Livestock Exchange (NRLE)
COVID-19 Update 18/11/2020
This update is further to the update previously provided 5/11/2020.
Council and the Naracoorte Combined Agents continue to cooperatively review access arrangements to the NRLE, including a review of information provided by the State Government, including cross-border arrangements.
Council has worked with the Naracoorte Combined Agents to ensure the NRLE continues to operate during COVID restrictions, and all sales have continued.
All people attending the NRLE will still be required to sign in and provide contact details should contact tracing be required.
Although previously relaxed, with the new State Government COVID restrictions & guidelines, everyone attending should wear a face mask due to physical distancing being somewhat difficult within the yards during a sale. Auctioneers and Clerks are exempted from this during the sale process, whilst on the Auctioneers walkway.
- Everyone must comply with government social distancing restrictions by maintaining 1.5m distance from each other while at the NRLE
- Everyone should avoid shaking hands
Hygiene and cleaning
- Permitted persons entering the saleyards will do so at the entry point at the north east corner of the cattle yards and wash their hands at the hand washing station.
- Everyone is encouraged to use hand sanitiser and wash their hands regularly
- Office buildings, amenities and canteen areas are cleaned regularly – pre and post-sale days
- A maximum of 30 persons may be in the canteen at any one time
- Takeaway food and drinks available
- Anyone not complying with these conditions will be asked to leave the site
- If a person fails to leave when directed, selling may cease and Council staff will contact SA Police
- Council will maintain records of attendance to each sale for a minimum of 28 days
Chief Executive Officer
Located on Wimmera Highway, the Naracoorte Regional Livestock Exchange (or 'saleyards' as it is commonly known) is the premier livestock selling facility in the Limestone Coast.
Around 100,000 cattle and 400,000 sheep and lambs are sold each year. Cattle and sheep markets are held every Tuesday commencing at 9.00am.
Additional sales are held on Fridays during peak periods (usually October to January).
Location: Cnr Wimmera Hwy and Carters Rd, 2kms East of Naracoorte.
Phone: 08 8762 1611 (on Tuesdays) or 0417 842 214
NRLE Stock Handling Manual
The Naracoorte Regional Livestock Exchange Stock Handling Manual provides all users of the NRLE with an introduction to basic stock handling techniques.
These techniques will minimise the risk of injury or incident and ensures that welfare standards for stock are met. The techniques are part of the NRLE’s Work Health and Safety Program and it is a requirement that all livestock handlers at the NRLE follow them.
For a copy of the manual click the link below:
Livestock Production Assurance (LPA) Property Identification Code (PIC)
The Property Identification Code for the Naracoorte Regional Livestock Exchange is SK900234.
The Livestock Production Assurance (LPA) program is the Australian livestock industry’s on-farm assurance program covering food safety, animal welfare and biosecurity. It provides evidence of livestock history and on-farm practices when transferring livestock through the value chain.
All registered livestock producers will or have been notified by mail of the requirements of the LPA. Every property has a Property Identification Code (PIC), which forms the basis of Australia’s food safety and traceability programs.
Vendor declarations have a “consigned to” section and this is where the NRLE PIC number needs to be used.
For more information visit the MLA website.