If you require the services of a Justice of the Peace (JP) you can search by suburb on the Justice of the Peace Services website:
The role of a JP?
The role of the JP is to act as an independent and objective witness to documents people use for official or legal purposes. For example, a JP may:
- Attest the execution of a document
- Witness an affidavit for use in court
- Witness a statutory declaration
- Certify a true copy of an original document
- Certify a person’s identity
For more information on Justice of the Peace Services visit the Attorney-General's Department at the link below:
Are there JPs that speak other languages?
Yes. The Roll of JPs contains JPs who speak languages other than English.
To find a JP who speaks a specific language, go to the online Roll of JPs and select the language by using the drop-down list.