'Heritage' encompasses all those aspects of the past and present that we value and want to share with future generations.
- Things that we have inherited from the past; and
- Aspects of our own lives and generation.
Heritage can focus on places, artefacts, photographs, film, documents, landscapes or natural features, but it can also be more than tangible objects. Stories, events, cultural and religious practices, values and ideas can all be important aspects of heritage.
Council's development and planning services is repsonsible for built heritage, that is, buildings, structures and sites.
In relation to a local heritage place, "development" means the demolition, removal, conversion, alteration or addition to, the place, or any other work (not including painting but including, in the case of a tree, any tree damaging activity) that could materially affect the heritage value of the place.
To search the Heritage list for the Naracoorte Lucindale Council click here.
Council through the Limestone Coast Local Government Association engages Habitable Places Architects;
- To provide free expert architectural advice for property owners of state and local heritage properties in the
The advice generally relate to:
* maintenance and conservation works
* redevelopment and additions to heritage buildings
* pre-lodgement advice on development applications
To arrange a free appointment with Habitable Places Architects contact Council's Planning and Development officers on 8760 1100.