At the Naracoorte Lucindale Council the health and wellbeing of our community, our Elected Members and Council staff, and our organisational needs, are all of high importance and value to us.
With the unfolding COVID-19 situation, Council is actively reviewing its response to COVID-19 to ensure that we take appropriate actions in a timely and measured approach.
The steps we are taking to minimise risk to the health and safety of our staff, volunteers, elected members and the general community include:
- Cancelling or postponing planned community events for example Harmony Day
- Cancelling public activities and programs at the Naracoorte Public Library
- Closure of the Naracoorte and Lucindale Town Halls up until 31 May 2020 – with this having a minimal effect as there were minimal bookings
- Standing down Council volunteers
- Bought forward the closure of the Naracoorte Swimming Lake as from Monday 23 March 2020 – with expected cooler weather forecast. Our original plans were to close at end of March 2020, so again, we would consider this having a minimal effect.
For the time being, services will continue as normal at Council’s Naracoorte and Lucindale Council Offices, the Naracoorte Visitor Information Centre, Naracoorte Regional Livestock Exchange and Naracoorte Waste Transfer Station. There will be steps taken to provide some distancing from the public and our staff. As is normal practice both the Naracoorte and Lucindale Depots are closed to the public, and we would ask members of the public to not attend either of our Depots.
We ask that all visitors to Council facilities practice social distancing - the more space between you and others, the harder it is for the virus to spread.
We also ask that you follow appropriate health and travel protocols with respect to COVID-19. If you fall into a self-quarantine category, please do not attend any of our premises. To protect our staff and community, please also do not attend our premises if you have been in contact with a person with suspected COVID-19, or if you are experiencing any symptoms. If any of the above applies to you, please transact any business by phone 08 8760 1100, email email@example.com or online www.naracoortelucindale.sa.gov.au.
Council will continue to monitor information from Federal and State Governments, the Local Government Association of SA, and SA Health. We will continue to assess our position, and will provide updates to keep you informed.