Set in glorious grounds the Naracoorte Swimming Lake is a swimming pool with a difference!
The huge man made lake with concrete floor and walls and chlorinated water ranges from 1m to 2m deep in the middle of the pool.
There are shallow sections for the littlies, deeper sections for lane swimming, a diving pontoon and an enclosed childrens area. The shaded ankle deep section is the perfect place for toddlers to splash around, and the sandy beach is perfect for kids to build sandcastles.
Such a good size so that it never feels over crowded. There is plenty of shade and space on the sand or green grass to roll out your towel.
There is a playground and BBQ nearby and a small kiosk if you don't want to pack your own lunch.
Great for families, adults, anyone. Spend a day here and just chill out and relax. Admission is free. Open from late November until 31 March.
- Fully fenced
- Plenty of shade and lawn to picnic
- Canteen onsite
- Playground and BBQ facilities nearby
- Toilets, showers, change rooms
Swimming Lake Responsibility Code
To ensure the safety of everyone using the Lake please ensure you comply with the Swimming Lake Responsibility Code:
The safety of the Naracoorte Swimming Lake is a shared responsibility that requires a co operative and community approach. Observe the code below and share with others the responsibility for a great experience at the Naracoorte Swimming Lake.
- Observe and obey all signs and warnings at the lake as well as all lawful directives given by Police and Council Officers.
- Always check the lake depth before entering the water. Enter the water in a safe manner and check for other swimmers before jumping in. You must avoid people already in the water.
- Always be respectful of other people and the nature of their particular lake activity.
- Never run on wet areas at the lake. Always move around the lake in a safe manner.
- If you are involved in or witness an incident at the lake, remain at the scene and identify yourself to Council Officers.
- Do not swim, bathe or undertake any other aquatic activity if your ability is impaired by drugs or alcohol.
- Always swim in water that is a safe depth for your capability. Take lessons from a qualified instructor to progress and learn swimming, first aid and resuscitation skills.
- Children under the age of 10 must be actively supervised by a responsible person over the age of 16 at all times.
- Parents and carers must communicate and establish responsibility for direct supervision of children at all times around water. Designate at least one adult “Water Watcher” to supervise children around the lake. Don't rely on older siblings or other children to supervise swimmers and don’t rely on swimming lessons, flotation devices or other equipment to make a child "water safe."
- Always swim with a friend and keep a look out for your mates.
The consumption and possession of alcohol is prohibited at all times at the Naracoorte Swimming Lake and surrounds. For detailed information click here.
Police, Security and Council staff are at the swimming lake to assist, educate and help you to understand the Aquatic Responsibility Code. This will ensure that all patrons enjoy themselves at the Naracoorte Swimming Lake. Irresponsible, reckless and anti social behavior may result in immediate suspension from Swimming Lake use and possible expiation.