Naracoorte Lucindale is the perfect self-drive destination. Naracoorte, the centre of the district, is located approximately 330 kilometres from Adelaide and 450 kilometres from Melbourne; the perfect getaway from either direction.
From Victoria by car
From Victoria, enter the district via the Wimmera Highway from Horsham or through Casterton and Penola from Hamilton. If you’re touring the Great Ocean Road, you can reach the Naracoorte Lucindale area via Mount Gambier.
From Adelaide by car
There are two options the inland or coastal route. The inland route takes you via National Highway 1, follow the Dukes Highway and then head south onto the Riddoch Highway. Along the way stop at The Bend Motorsport Park, view the 30m silo mural at Coonalpyn or ride the monorail at Keith. Alternatively enter the district via the Princes Highway from the Coast and take in the sights of one of Australia’s most environmentally significant areas, the Coorong.
From the Limestone Coast by car
If you’re already in the Limestone Coast, Naracoorte is never far away:
- From Penola (50km) and Mount Gambier (103km) follow the Riddoch Highway north
- From Robe (113km) take the Southern Ports Highway and then the Konetta and Lucindale Roads
- From Kingston (101km) take the Princes Highway and Avenue Range and Lucindale Roads
- From Keith (109km) follow the Riddoch Highway south
- From Millicent (101km), head north west to Penola and take the Riddoch Highway north
- From Beachport (114km), take the Southern Ports Highway, then briefly hop onto the Princes Highway before taking the Konetta and Lucindale Roads
Take a coach
If you’d like someone else to drive, Premier Stateliner operates a coach service between Adelaide and Mount Gambier via either an inland or coastal route. For more information visit www.premierstateliner.com.au
V-Line runs a daily service from Melbourne to Mount Gambier, for more information visit www.vline.com.au
Or fly instead
For a bird’s-eye view of the Limestone Coast, flights to Mount Gambier operate daily from both Melbourne and Adelaide with Regional Express (REX).
Please note: there are limited public transport options once you get to the Limestone Coast. Hire cars are available from Mount Gambier.