The Tour of the Great South Coast is in Naracoorte on Thursday 29 August 2019. To ensure the safety of cyclists & spectators there will be road closures & traffic detours in place.
To ensure the safety of cyclists & spectators for the Criterium there will be road closures & traffic detours in place between 9.00am & Midday on 29 August as follows:
- Smith St between Magarey Cres and Gore St (the south lane of Smith St (east to west) will remain open)
- McRae St and Jones St between Robertson St and Ormerod St
- Ormerod St between Moore St and Sandstone Ave
- Bank Pl and DeGaris Place between Smith and Ormerod Streets
Pedestrians will be able to access the streets during this time, during the Criterium from 11 to 11.40am it is recommended that pedestrian movement is kept to a minimum.
- Smith Street detour for light vehicles
- via Magarey Crescent, Robertson, Rolland, Hinckley & Gore Streets
- via Gore, Hinckley, Rolland, Robertson & Jones Streets
- Access Ormerod St businesses from MacDonnell St to Riverside Dr. There will be no exit to the east end of Ormerod St from Riverside Dr
- Sandstone Ave detour via Park Tce for all traffic
- McRae and Jones Streets left turn only at Smith St intersection
- Rolland St detour via Robertson St or Hinckley St
- East Bound Heavy Vehicles
- Detour from Smith St via Butler Tce to Roundabout, Jenkins Tce to Smith St
- West or South Bound Heavy Vehicles
- Detour from Smith St, Jenkins Tce, Caithness Ave (West or North bound traffic), Gordon St (South bound traffic).
From 1.00pm to 3.30pm on 29 August for the Team Time Trial to the Naracoorte Caves the following roads will be closed:
- Sandstone Avenue closed from Ormerod Street to Smith Street. Entry to Sandstone Avenue via DeGaris Place, Ormerod Street
- Smith Street - Traffic restrictions in place from Sandstone Avenue to Jenkins Terrace
Roads on the designated route of the Team Trial will be progressively closed to traffic between 1.00pm to 3.30pm. The roads will be closed and opened by Police at specific locations to enable the event to pass through that location. Details
- Naracoorte Showgrounds, Syd Shepherd Gates, Sandstone Avenue. Facing Wimmera Highway.
- Left into Wimmera Highway
- Pass Gore St and Naracoorte Pastoral Society Gates
- Right into Jenkins Terrace.
- Pass Hinkley St
- Left into Arthur St
- Pass Old Caves Rd, Drake St and Guy St
- Cross Pinkerton Rd.
- Keep Straight into Langkoop Rd
- Pass Seymour Rd, Blackwell Rd, Haynes –Edwards Rd, Saleyards sign, Cromper Rd, Pistol Club Rd, Michaels Rd
- Right into Caves Rd
- Pass CK Smith Rd and Un-Named Rd
- Left into Wonambi Rd
- Left to Naracoorte Caves and WONAMBI FOSSIL CENTRE, WORLD HERITAGE CENTRE
- FINISH at Cathedral Cave
For more information visit www.naracoortelucindale.sa.gov.au/bikerace