Struan House is a spectacular double storey mansion featuring 40 main rooms and was once the home to the pioneering Robertson family.
Situation 15 kilometres south of Naracoorte, just off the Riddoch Highway, Struan House is now home to the Department of Primary Industries and Regions SA. The home was completed in 1875 and had a $2 million upgrade in 2008.
John Robertson was the first resident of Struan House. He was born in Scotland in 1809 and migrated to Australia in the 1830's with high hopes and 30cents - a half crown and a sixpence! In a few years he had increased his wealth to $6,000.
Self-guided tours are available to the public during office hours, but it is advisable to call to ensure the office is open.
Phone: 08 8762 9100