Residents and business owners in Naracoorte can now experience fast broadband over the nbn™ network with the official switch on of the nbn™ network in the town. More than 2,500 families and businesses are now able to connect to the nbn™ network and start enjoying all the benefits of fast and reliable broadband.
The nbn™ network is so much more than fast internet. A state of the art communications network opens up a world of possibilities across education, business and entertainment. It also gives Australians the opportunity to be more productive, more creative, more efficient and more connected for decades to come.
- Over 1 million households are already enjoying:
- A brighter future: With new opportunities to learn, both in and out of the classroom, the nbn™ network will help you and future generations flourish in a digital world.
- Entertainment without the wait: Enjoy quick access to the content you need, when you need it – whether you’re video streaming, online gaming or watching live news and sport.†
- Loved ones within reach: With good quality video calls (minus the constant dropouts), you’ll never feel too far away.†
- A plan and speed that suits: You can connect to the nbn™ network through a range of providers who offer a variety of plans and speed options to meet your needs. Choosing the right speed tier to suit your needs is vital to transforming your online experience into something spectacular.
Avoid disconnection: switch to services over the nbn™ network
The nbn™ network will eventually replace most existing internet and landline phone networks in your area and most internet and landline phone services will stop working once the existing network is disconnected.†
The following services will be impacted when the existing network is disconnected:
- Landline phones
- Landline internet
- Medical alarms and emergency call systems
- Monitored security alarms
- EFTPOS and ATMs
- Fax machines and TTY devices
The 2018 calendar year break-down of the legacy copper network decommissioning dates, per township in summary is:
- Kingston, Meningie and Bordertown have already completed this phase
- Penola, Robe and Tailem Bend complete this phase 13 July
- Beachport (August), Millicent (September), Keith and Mannum (October), Naracoorte (November) and Mt Gambier (progressively from November)
What to do prior to disconnection
nbn co advise that most existing landline phone and internet networks will be switched off in your area, which may leave you without phone and internet services, once your home/business property reaches the disconnection date.
What to do
- Check nbn™ access availability by visiting www.nbn.com.au or contacting your phone or internet provider
- Order an nbn™ powered plan
- Your phone or internet provider will arrange for your connection